When you forgo surer prospects in favor of following your dreams, there are bound to be moments when, faced with an uncertain future, you begin to doubt your decision. On his Booth debut and latest single, rapper/producer Latrell James asks some hard questions regarding his life’s course, reflecting on the experience of waiting to blow while his friends are graduating college and settling into nine-to-fives. Though the Boston native (part of the 5 Star Generals production collective) realizes he’s taking the scenic route to success, he’s not discouraged by the lack of immediate rewards. As he spits over his own leisurely, keyboard-led beat, “I’m in it for the long run, I’m goin’ for the Distance / Honest, but ‘Excuses’ ain’t a word ain’t a word in my diction.” James’s Twelve LP is scheduled for independent release at a yet-undetermined date this spring. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.