When you forgo surer prospects in favor of following your dreams, there are bound to be moments when, faced with an uncertain future, you begin to doubt your decision. On his Booth debut and latest single, rapper/producer Latrell James asks some hard questions regarding his life’s course, reflecting on the experience of waiting to blow while his friends are graduating college and settling into nine-to-fives. Though the Boston native (part of the 5 Star Generals production collective) realizes he’s taking the scenic route to success, he’s not discouraged by the lack of immediate rewards. As he spits over his own leisurely, keyboard-led beat, “I’m in it for the long run, I’m goin’ for the Distance / Honest, but ‘Excuses’ ain’t a word ain’t a word in my diction.” James’s Twelve LP is scheduled for independent release at a yet-undetermined date this spring. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.