After reading the title of L.atasha A.lcindor’s (formerly known just as “L.A.”) latest record, St. Michael, I had to do a quick Google search. Unfortunately, most of the saints I am familiar with play in The Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Thanks to the Internet, though, I discovered that St. Michael is a guardian angel who watches over and protects all those who serve God. This role is quite fitting as it relates to A.lcindor, who could be like hip-hop’s St. Michael, equipped with a razor sharp flow and unique style, protecting the sacred ground of sophisticated hip-hop against forces looking to drown it in shallow, materialistic music. The soundtrack over which the Brooklyn native defends the hip-hop faith is an elegant, nuanced production by recent Re-Produced participant Willie B.. St. Michael is the latest single off the emcee’s forthcoming album LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict, due out this May.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.