After reading the title of L.atasha A.lcindor’s (formerly known just as “L.A.”) latest record, St. Michael, I had to do a quick Google search. Unfortunately, most of the saints I am familiar with play in The Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Thanks to the Internet, though, I discovered that St. Michael is a guardian angel who watches over and protects all those who serve God. This role is quite fitting as it relates to A.lcindor, who could be like hip-hop’s St. Michael, equipped with a razor sharp flow and unique style, protecting the sacred ground of sophisticated hip-hop against forces looking to drown it in shallow, materialistic music. The soundtrack over which the Brooklyn native defends the hip-hop faith is an elegant, nuanced production by recent Re-Produced participant Willie B.. St. Michael is the latest single off the emcee’s forthcoming album LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict, due out this May.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.