After reading the title of L.atasha A.lcindor’s (formerly known just as “L.A.”) latest record, St. Michael, I had to do a quick Google search. Unfortunately, most of the saints I am familiar with play in The Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Thanks to the Internet, though, I discovered that St. Michael is a guardian angel who watches over and protects all those who serve God. This role is quite fitting as it relates to A.lcindor, who could be like hip-hop’s St. Michael, equipped with a razor sharp flow and unique style, protecting the sacred ground of sophisticated hip-hop against forces looking to drown it in shallow, materialistic music. The soundtrack over which the Brooklyn native defends the hip-hop faith is an elegant, nuanced production by recent Re-Produced participant Willie B.. St. Michael is the latest single off the emcee’s forthcoming album LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict, due out this May.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/17/13
Brooklyn rhymesayer L.atasha A.lcindor has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners her latest street release, the Spark EP. Mixed at Homebass Studios, the project packs 14 tracks' worth of fresh material from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.