After reading the title of L.atasha A.lcindor’s (formerly known just as “L.A.”) latest record, St. Michael, I had to do a quick Google search. Unfortunately, most of the saints I am familiar with play in The Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Thanks to the Internet, though, I discovered that St. Michael is a guardian angel who watches over and protects all those who serve God. This role is quite fitting as it relates to A.lcindor, who could be like hip-hop’s St. Michael, equipped with a razor sharp flow and unique style, protecting the sacred ground of sophisticated hip-hop against forces looking to drown it in shallow, materialistic music. The soundtrack over which the Brooklyn native defends the hip-hop faith is an elegant, nuanced production by recent Re-Produced participant Willie B.. St. Michael is the latest single off the emcee’s forthcoming album LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict, due out this May.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.