After reading the title of L.atasha A.lcindor’s (formerly known just as “L.A.”) latest record, St. Michael, I had to do a quick Google search. Unfortunately, most of the saints I am familiar with play in The Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Thanks to the Internet, though, I discovered that St. Michael is a guardian angel who watches over and protects all those who serve God. This role is quite fitting as it relates to A.lcindor, who could be like hip-hop’s St. Michael, equipped with a razor sharp flow and unique style, protecting the sacred ground of sophisticated hip-hop against forces looking to drown it in shallow, materialistic music. The soundtrack over which the Brooklyn native defends the hip-hop faith is an elegant, nuanced production by recent Re-Produced participant Willie B.. St. Michael is the latest single off the emcee’s forthcoming album LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict, due out this May.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!