L.atatasha A.lcindor may hail from NYC, but today she’s in an L.A. State of Mind. On an outtake from the recording sessions for her forthcoming album, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the I’m Alive emcee gives listeners an overview of what’s been occupying her headspace of late. In between trash-talking the competition and touting the griminess of her style, she touches upon her revolutionary political leanings and even engages in a little metaphysical speculation (“Maybe time is a lie / Maybe I’m just Mary Magdeline and I’m mourning Jesús.”). Producer Pig Pen provides a street-ready backdrop for her ruminations, flipping a slowed-down sample of Dusty Springfield’s The Look of Love on the hook. While L.A. State of Mind didn’t make it onto new album LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict (due out this May), the cut will be part of her currently-unscheduled LALytes Collection. Keep it locked to our front page for all the latest on both forthcoming sets.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.