L.atatasha A.lcindor may hail from NYC, but today she’s in an L.A. State of Mind. On an outtake from the recording sessions for her forthcoming album, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the I’m Alive emcee gives listeners an overview of what’s been occupying her headspace of late. In between trash-talking the competition and touting the griminess of her style, she touches upon her revolutionary political leanings and even engages in a little metaphysical speculation (“Maybe time is a lie / Maybe I’m just Mary Magdeline and I’m mourning Jesús.”). Producer Pig Pen provides a street-ready backdrop for her ruminations, flipping a slowed-down sample of Dusty Springfield’s The Look of Love on the hook. While L.A. State of Mind didn’t make it onto new album LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict (due out this May), the cut will be part of her currently-unscheduled LALytes Collection. Keep it locked to our front page for all the latest on both forthcoming sets.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.