People have a tendency to overcomplicate things when looking at life from a big-picture perspective. LaShaun Ellis’ philosophy, however, can be summed up in a simple, four-word sentence: “It’s Whatever You Want.” Fortunately for us, the L.A. newcomer’s vision of “whatever he wants” involves cooking up quality cuts like this one, the latest single off his self-titled digital LP. In engaging, conversational verses, Ellis swears off stress and pointless beef in favor of focusing on his hustle and maintaining forward momentum. (Not that he and his clique aren’t up for a fight, should someone pull some f**k sh*t.) Project collaborator Khompono provides a breezy, bass-booming backdrop for the artist’s bars, and Topshelf Junior directs the cut’s off-the-cuff visual accompaniment. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on LaShaun’s latest project, available for free download as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.