People have a tendency to overcomplicate things when looking at life from a big-picture perspective. LaShaun Ellis’ philosophy, however, can be summed up in a simple, four-word sentence: “It’s Whatever You Want.” Fortunately for us, the L.A. newcomer’s vision of “whatever he wants” involves cooking up quality cuts like this one, the latest single off his self-titled digital LP. In engaging, conversational verses, Ellis swears off stress and pointless beef in favor of focusing on his hustle and maintaining forward momentum. (Not that he and his clique aren’t up for a fight, should someone pull some f**k sh*t.) Project collaborator Khompono provides a breezy, bass-booming backdrop for the artist’s bars, and Topshelf Junior directs the cut’s off-the-cuff visual accompaniment. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on LaShaun’s latest project, available for free download as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.