People have a tendency to overcomplicate things when looking at life from a big-picture perspective. LaShaun Ellis’ philosophy, however, can be summed up in a simple, four-word sentence: “It’s Whatever You Want.” Fortunately for us, the L.A. newcomer’s vision of “whatever he wants” involves cooking up quality cuts like this one, the latest single off his self-titled digital LP. In engaging, conversational verses, Ellis swears off stress and pointless beef in favor of focusing on his hustle and maintaining forward momentum. (Not that he and his clique aren’t up for a fight, should someone pull some f**k sh*t.) Project collaborator Khompono provides a breezy, bass-booming backdrop for the artist’s bars, and Topshelf Junior directs the cut’s off-the-cuff visual accompaniment. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on LaShaun’s latest project, available for free download as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.