People have a tendency to overcomplicate things when looking at life from a big-picture perspective. LaShaun Ellis’ philosophy, however, can be summed up in a simple, four-word sentence: “It’s Whatever You Want.” Fortunately for us, the L.A. newcomer’s vision of “whatever he wants” involves cooking up quality cuts like this one, the latest single off his self-titled digital LP. In engaging, conversational verses, Ellis swears off stress and pointless beef in favor of focusing on his hustle and maintaining forward momentum. (Not that he and his clique aren’t up for a fight, should someone pull some f**k sh*t.) Project collaborator Khompono provides a breezy, bass-booming backdrop for the artist’s bars, and Topshelf Junior directs the cut’s off-the-cuff visual accompaniment. Feeling it? There’s plenty more where this came from on LaShaun’s latest project, available for free download as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.