When most rappers discuss money, they depict themselves in the active role, chasing that paper as a lion would a gazelle. LaShaun Ellis thinks of himself as more of a cash magnet; he simply sits there, and the ducats roll in of their own accord. On this freshly-minted promo cut, coming on the heels of February video single Soul’d Out, the Los Angeles representative outlines his “work smarter, not harder” philosophy. When not spitting about his bank account, he gives us an update on his busy love life: “I might f**k Alexis, maybe Jessica, Vivica / I don’t know, got so many hoes and I just can’t get rid of ‘em.” Khompono heightens the cut’s laid-back vibe behind the boards, pairing methodical percussion with a piano loop that sounds (at least on headphones) like it could be emanating from a room or two away. How Do You isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can hear more on the 6J signee’s self-titled LP, available online as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.