When most rappers discuss money, they depict themselves in the active role, chasing that paper as a lion would a gazelle. LaShaun Ellis thinks of himself as more of a cash magnet; he simply sits there, and the ducats roll in of their own accord. On this freshly-minted promo cut, coming on the heels of February video single Soul’d Out, the Los Angeles representative outlines his “work smarter, not harder” philosophy. When not spitting about his bank account, he gives us an update on his busy love life: “I might f**k Alexis, maybe Jessica, Vivica / I don’t know, got so many hoes and I just can’t get rid of ‘em.” Khompono heightens the cut’s laid-back vibe behind the boards, pairing methodical percussion with a piano loop that sounds (at least on headphones) like it could be emanating from a room or two away. How Do You isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can hear more on the 6J signee’s self-titled LP, available online as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.