When most rappers discuss money, they depict themselves in the active role, chasing that paper as a lion would a gazelle. LaShaun Ellis thinks of himself as more of a cash magnet; he simply sits there, and the ducats roll in of their own accord. On this freshly-minted promo cut, coming on the heels of February video single Soul’d Out, the Los Angeles representative outlines his “work smarter, not harder” philosophy. When not spitting about his bank account, he gives us an update on his busy love life: “I might f**k Alexis, maybe Jessica, Vivica / I don’t know, got so many hoes and I just can’t get rid of ‘em.” Khompono heightens the cut’s laid-back vibe behind the boards, pairing methodical percussion with a piano loop that sounds (at least on headphones) like it could be emanating from a room or two away. How Do You isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can hear more on the 6J signee’s self-titled LP, available online as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.