If Large Professor (a.k.a. Extra P) had his way, there would be no Soulja Boy dance. In fact, there would be no songs based around dances at all. Nor would there be any album skits, commercialized lyrics, or awkward, A&R-forced collabos. And why, you might ask, would he have it this way? Large Professor is what we call a hip-hop purist; in his school of mid-90’s rap, anything outside of the beats and rhymes themselves is garbage. His new single, Hardcore Hip Hop, fully embodies his conservative tendencies. Lyrically, he mixes in a little braggadocio with some fond reminiscence for hip hop’s better days. Marco Polo’s throwback beat sounds right at home. Hardcore Hip Hop will appear on his upcoming LP, Main Source.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.