If Large Professor (a.k.a. Extra P) had his way, there would be no Soulja Boy dance. In fact, there would be no songs based around dances at all. Nor would there be any album skits, commercialized lyrics, or awkward, A&R-forced collabos. And why, you might ask, would he have it this way? Large Professor is what we call a hip-hop purist; in his school of mid-90’s rap, anything outside of the beats and rhymes themselves is garbage. His new single, Hardcore Hip Hop, fully embodies his conservative tendencies. Lyrically, he mixes in a little braggadocio with some fond reminiscence for hip hop’s better days. Marco Polo’s throwback beat sounds right at home. Hardcore Hip Hop will appear on his upcoming LP, Main Source.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)