If Large Professor (a.k.a. Extra P) had his way, there would be no Soulja Boy dance. In fact, there would be no songs based around dances at all. Nor would there be any album skits, commercialized lyrics, or awkward, A&R-forced collabos. And why, you might ask, would he have it this way? Large Professor is what we call a hip-hop purist; in his school of mid-90’s rap, anything outside of the beats and rhymes themselves is garbage. His new single, Hardcore Hip Hop, fully embodies his conservative tendencies. Lyrically, he mixes in a little braggadocio with some fond reminiscence for hip hop’s better days. Marco Polo’s throwback beat sounds right at home. Hardcore Hip Hop will appear on his upcoming LP, Main Source.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.