If Large Professor (a.k.a. Extra P) had his way, there would be no Soulja Boy dance. In fact, there would be no songs based around dances at all. Nor would there be any album skits, commercialized lyrics, or awkward, A&R-forced collabos. And why, you might ask, would he have it this way? Large Professor is what we call a hip-hop purist; in his school of mid-90’s rap, anything outside of the beats and rhymes themselves is garbage. His new single, Hardcore Hip Hop, fully embodies his conservative tendencies. Lyrically, he mixes in a little braggadocio with some fond reminiscence for hip hop’s better days. Marco Polo’s throwback beat sounds right at home. Hardcore Hip Hop will appear on his upcoming LP, Main Source.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/20/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.