A buzzmaking artist and producer hailing from Essex, England, Lapalux introduces his innovative brand of DIY electronica to The DJBooth with freshly-minted promo single Forlorn. Here, the headliner crafts an intricate, atmospheric synth soundscape to back rhymes by a somewhat unlikely collaborator. While you might expect underground emcee Busdriver‘s jittery, overcharged flows to be inimical to this record’s chill vibe, Lapalux plays off his guest brilliantly, busting out frenetic percussion and dirsorienting tape effects to match the Los Angeles emcee’s delivery before dialing down the intensity for his own ethereal chorus. Interest piqued? Forlorn isn’t part of a larger project, but you can hear more on debut full-length Nostalchic, released at the top of the month via Ninja Tune.
Written by richard on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.