A buzzmaking artist and producer hailing from Essex, England, Lapalux introduces his innovative brand of DIY electronica to The DJBooth with freshly-minted promo single Forlorn. Here, the headliner crafts an intricate, atmospheric synth soundscape to back rhymes by a somewhat unlikely collaborator. While you might expect underground emcee Busdriver‘s jittery, overcharged flows to be inimical to this record’s chill vibe, Lapalux plays off his guest brilliantly, busting out frenetic percussion and dirsorienting tape effects to match the Los Angeles emcee’s delivery before dialing down the intensity for his own ethereal chorus. Interest piqued? Forlorn isn’t part of a larger project, but you can hear more on debut full-length Nostalchic, released at the top of the month via Ninja Tune.
Written by richard on 03/20/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.