Forget guns, food, and shelter; when the Zombie Apocalypse hits, all I’ll need to survive is dope music. I will also make sure to bring along Lanré’s spooky, yet fun new single. Heck, this song might even help me survive, thanks to its very creative concept. Atop a brisk, horn-laden beat by Demouche, Lanré allows us to get inside the head of a zombie, taking the perspective of the zombie rather than the survivor. In a crisp, quirky flow, Lanré presents an alternative theory on zombies: maybe if we just treated them the same as humans, they wouldn’t try to eat us. Yeah, um, good luck with that; I’ll stick to swinging my bat like Big Papi. Zombie Apocalypse will appear on the artist’s forthcoming “concept album,” I Am Lanré, due out in December.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/31/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)