Forget guns, food, and shelter; when the Zombie Apocalypse hits, all I’ll need to survive is dope music. I will also make sure to bring along Lanré’s spooky, yet fun new single. Heck, this song might even help me survive, thanks to its very creative concept. Atop a brisk, horn-laden beat by Demouche, Lanré allows us to get inside the head of a zombie, taking the perspective of the zombie rather than the survivor. In a crisp, quirky flow, Lanré presents an alternative theory on zombies: maybe if we just treated them the same as humans, they wouldn’t try to eat us. Yeah, um, good luck with that; I’ll stick to swinging my bat like Big Papi. Zombie Apocalypse will appear on the artist’s forthcoming “concept album,” I Am Lanré, due out in December.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.