Forget guns, food, and shelter; when the Zombie Apocalypse hits, all I’ll need to survive is dope music. I will also make sure to bring along Lanré’s spooky, yet fun new single. Heck, this song might even help me survive, thanks to its very creative concept. Atop a brisk, horn-laden beat by Demouche, Lanré allows us to get inside the head of a zombie, taking the perspective of the zombie rather than the survivor. In a crisp, quirky flow, Lanré presents an alternative theory on zombies: maybe if we just treated them the same as humans, they wouldn’t try to eat us. Yeah, um, good luck with that; I’ll stick to swinging my bat like Big Papi. Zombie Apocalypse will appear on the artist’s forthcoming “concept album,” I Am Lanré, due out in December.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/31/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.