Way back in June of 2012, Vegas emcee LaZie made his grand entrance into the Booth with Rebel, an LP cut which won reader acclaim for its jazzy sound, as well as the artist’s unique flow. I’d make a wisecrack about the accuracy of his moniker, given the long lag between features, but he’s now going by his birth name, Lanré. In any case, I’m happy to report that High Above is well worth the wait. GW2R’s handle production on this dreamy selection, flipping a sample from Australian folk/blues singer Angus Stone’s Big Jet Plane as the artist spits about his quest to reach ever-higher plateaus of musical excellence. This record is slated to appear on a forthcoming street album, whose title has yet to be determined. Keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to its digital release in November.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lanré‘s Zack Witt-directed High Above visual.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.