Way back in June of 2012, Vegas emcee LaZie made his grand entrance into the Booth with Rebel, an LP cut which won reader acclaim for its jazzy sound, as well as the artist’s unique flow. I’d make a wisecrack about the accuracy of his moniker, given the long lag between features, but he’s now going by his birth name, Lanré. In any case, I’m happy to report that High Above is well worth the wait. GW2R’s handle production on this dreamy selection, flipping a sample from Australian folk/blues singer Angus Stone’s Big Jet Plane as the artist spits about his quest to reach ever-higher plateaus of musical excellence. This record is slated to appear on a forthcoming street album, whose title has yet to be determined. Keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to its digital release in November.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lanré‘s Zack Witt-directed High Above visual.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.