Weed’s effects on memory are often cited as a reason to abstain from the herb but, when you’ve been through as much pain as Booth newcomer Landon Wordswell, some temporary amnesia might be just what the doctor ordered. On new single Forget Everything, the Portland emcee formerly known as Youngs admits to using both writing and smoking as ways to escape the devastating reality surrounding him. With Thomas Prime‘s plaintive, Chipmunk-sampled grooves as his canvas, Wordswell provides a lyrical autobiography of sorts, describing how his early adoption of rhyming as a coping mechanism came to shape the course of his life. Masood brings the artist’s narrative to life with some fan-made, but professional-quality visuals. Forget Everything is set to appear on Landon Wordswell’s Where the Heart Is LP, due out in December, but fans can also cop it as part of Thomas Prime’s new Day & Night EP, available here for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Cult Classic Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)