Weed’s effects on memory are often cited as a reason to abstain from the herb but, when you’ve been through as much pain as Booth newcomer Landon Wordswell, some temporary amnesia might be just what the doctor ordered. On new single Forget Everything, the Portland emcee formerly known as Youngs admits to using both writing and smoking as ways to escape the devastating reality surrounding him. With Thomas Prime‘s plaintive, Chipmunk-sampled grooves as his canvas, Wordswell provides a lyrical autobiography of sorts, describing how his early adoption of rhyming as a coping mechanism came to shape the course of his life. Masood brings the artist’s narrative to life with some fan-made, but professional-quality visuals. Forget Everything is set to appear on Landon Wordswell’s Where the Heart Is LP, due out in December, but fans can also cop it as part of Thomas Prime’s new Day & Night EP, available here for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
Cult Classic Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.