I know what you might be thinking: isn’t it a little late for a song about Springtime? Well, yes—if you’re reckoning meteorologically. Astronomically speaking, though, the Northern Solstice isn’t until June 21, so L.A.M.P‘s new single is right on schedule. The duo’s first DJBooth feature, this breezy primaveral anthem finds UK beatsmith Andy Compton layering gentle organ chords over a leisurely percussion rhythm as Parisian singer Ladybird luxuriates in the changing of the seasons. Silky, serene, lustrous… I’m browsing my thesaurus, but I just can’t find an adjective that captures how smooth this record is. You’ll just have to take a listen and experience it for yourself. For Springtime and many more blissfully mellow jams, check out Shades of Green when it drops June 25, via PENG.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Counting My Blessings" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.