I know what you might be thinking: isn’t it a little late for a song about Springtime? Well, yes—if you’re reckoning meteorologically. Astronomically speaking, though, the Northern Solstice isn’t until June 21, so L.A.M.P‘s new single is right on schedule. The duo’s first DJBooth feature, this breezy primaveral anthem finds UK beatsmith Andy Compton layering gentle organ chords over a leisurely percussion rhythm as Parisian singer Ladybird luxuriates in the changing of the seasons. Silky, serene, lustrous… I’m browsing my thesaurus, but I just can’t find an adjective that captures how smooth this record is. You’ll just have to take a listen and experience it for yourself. For Springtime and many more blissfully mellow jams, check out Shades of Green when it drops June 25, via PENG.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Counting My Blessings" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.