I know what you might be thinking: isn’t it a little late for a song about Springtime? Well, yes—if you’re reckoning meteorologically. Astronomically speaking, though, the Northern Solstice isn’t until June 21, so L.A.M.P‘s new single is right on schedule. The duo’s first DJBooth feature, this breezy primaveral anthem finds UK beatsmith Andy Compton layering gentle organ chords over a leisurely percussion rhythm as Parisian singer Ladybird luxuriates in the changing of the seasons. Silky, serene, lustrous… I’m browsing my thesaurus, but I just can’t find an adjective that captures how smooth this record is. You’ll just have to take a listen and experience it for yourself. For Springtime and many more blissfully mellow jams, check out Shades of Green when it drops June 25, via PENG.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Counting My Blessings" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)