Booth readers, I’ve got a little surprise For You. OK, it’s basically the same thing we give you on the daily—new music from talented emerging artists—but I think y’all will agree that this cut, the debut feature from T-Dot crooner Lais, is something special. Here, esta‘s smooth synths set the mood as Penthouse Music‘s newest signee reflects on his inability to tolerate monogamy with a mixture of guilt and matter-of-factness. Newly added for the official remix, Manhattan buzzmaker Skizzy Mars showcases his game-spitting abilities on verse two. A snippet of the late Philip Seymour Hoffman discussing death and aging lends a touch of darkness to the record. For You (Remix) isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on this promising up-and-comer’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.