Seeing as this is Lah Kid‘s first DJBooth feature, I’ll give you a pass if you don’t recognize his name or his music. However, after you press play and listen to his unmistakable flow, you will be in trouble if you forget. On Somewhere, Lah makes a strong, memorable first impression. His high-pitched, slicing approach on the mic really stands out over the booming, sample-driven boardwork of producer Derelle Rideout. Though guest spitter (and Booth regular) Yo Dot‘s flow is vastly different from the headliner’s, it’s clear that he shares Lah’s palpable passion and hunger. You can find Somewhere on the artist’s newly-released Paradi$E Lost LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.