Seeing as this is Lah Kid‘s first DJBooth feature, I’ll give you a pass if you don’t recognize his name or his music. However, after you press play and listen to his unmistakable flow, you will be in trouble if you forget. On Somewhere, Lah makes a strong, memorable first impression. His high-pitched, slicing approach on the mic really stands out over the booming, sample-driven boardwork of producer Derelle Rideout. Though guest spitter (and Booth regular) Yo Dot‘s flow is vastly different from the headliner’s, it’s clear that he shares Lah’s palpable passion and hunger. You can find Somewhere on the artist’s newly-released Paradi$E Lost LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/4/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.