Seeing as this is Lah Kid‘s first DJBooth feature, I’ll give you a pass if you don’t recognize his name or his music. However, after you press play and listen to his unmistakable flow, you will be in trouble if you forget. On Somewhere, Lah makes a strong, memorable first impression. His high-pitched, slicing approach on the mic really stands out over the booming, sample-driven boardwork of producer Derelle Rideout. Though guest spitter (and Booth regular) Yo Dot‘s flow is vastly different from the headliner’s, it’s clear that he shares Lah’s palpable passion and hunger. You can find Somewhere on the artist’s newly-released Paradi$E Lost LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/4/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)