Seeing as this is Lah Kid‘s first DJBooth feature, I’ll give you a pass if you don’t recognize his name or his music. However, after you press play and listen to his unmistakable flow, you will be in trouble if you forget. On Somewhere, Lah makes a strong, memorable first impression. His high-pitched, slicing approach on the mic really stands out over the booming, sample-driven boardwork of producer Derelle Rideout. Though guest spitter (and Booth regular) Yo Dot‘s flow is vastly different from the headliner’s, it’s clear that he shares Lah’s palpable passion and hunger. You can find Somewhere on the artist’s newly-released Paradi$E Lost LP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.