While there will always be up-and-comers to fantasize about the paradise that awaits once they’ve gotten their big break, those who’ve been there often conclude that the music game’s nothing but a Land of Broken Dreams. On this newly-leaked album cut, D.C.-repping Booth newcomer Laelo comes together with Lyriciss and Kokayi to lace Bad Abbots‘s piano-driven production with disillusioned reflections on the current state of the industry. For more, check out Laelo’s Life in High Definition LP when it drops December 13.
Written by richard on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records/High Definition Society
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Smoke Out" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.