While there will always be up-and-comers to fantasize about the paradise that awaits once they’ve gotten their big break, those who’ve been there often conclude that the music game’s nothing but a Land of Broken Dreams. On this newly-leaked album cut, D.C.-repping Booth newcomer Laelo comes together with Lyriciss and Kokayi to lace Bad Abbots‘s piano-driven production with disillusioned reflections on the current state of the industry. For more, check out Laelo’s Life in High Definition LP when it drops December 13.
Written by richard on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records/High Definition Society
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Smoke Out" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.