A sabbatical is defined as taking a break from work for an extended period of time. I’m not necessarily sure if Laelo was taking a sabbatical per se (compared to just laying low), but I’m glad his hiatus from music is over as he’s back-back-back-Back At It with a new release For The People. Produced by Str8 Beatz, Back At It boasts a lingering sample in the background with head-nodding percussion at the forefront where Laelo and hip-hop trio Gods’illa take turns discussing why they spit it and exposing the plague of fraudulent rappers who flood the streets. Back At It (For The People) is slated to appear on Laelo’s upcoming, and as-of-yet untitled EP, expected to the see the light of day this June. Until then, keep it locked here and we’ll keep you in tune with the latest from Laelo, because we too do it For The People.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/9/13
Inner Loop Records/High Definition Society
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Land of Broken Dreams" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)