A sabbatical is defined as taking a break from work for an extended period of time. I’m not necessarily sure if Laelo was taking a sabbatical per se (compared to just laying low), but I’m glad his hiatus from music is over as he’s back-back-back-Back At It with a new release For The People. Produced by Str8 Beatz, Back At It boasts a lingering sample in the background with head-nodding percussion at the forefront where Laelo and hip-hop trio Gods’illa take turns discussing why they spit it and exposing the plague of fraudulent rappers who flood the streets. Back At It (For The People) is slated to appear on Laelo’s upcoming, and as-of-yet untitled EP, expected to the see the light of day this June. Until then, keep it locked here and we’ll keep you in tune with the latest from Laelo, because we too do it For The People.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/9/13
Inner Loop Records/High Definition Society
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Land of Broken Dreams" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.