A sabbatical is defined as taking a break from work for an extended period of time. I’m not necessarily sure if Laelo was taking a sabbatical per se (compared to just laying low), but I’m glad his hiatus from music is over as he’s back-back-back-Back At It with a new release For The People. Produced by Str8 Beatz, Back At It boasts a lingering sample in the background with head-nodding percussion at the forefront where Laelo and hip-hop trio Gods’illa take turns discussing why they spit it and exposing the plague of fraudulent rappers who flood the streets. Back At It (For The People) is slated to appear on Laelo’s upcoming, and as-of-yet untitled EP, expected to the see the light of day this June. Until then, keep it locked here and we’ll keep you in tune with the latest from Laelo, because we too do it For The People.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records/High Definition Society
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Land of Broken Dreams" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.