A sabbatical is defined as taking a break from work for an extended period of time. I’m not necessarily sure if Laelo was taking a sabbatical per se (compared to just laying low), but I’m glad his hiatus from music is over as he’s back-back-back-Back At It with a new release For The People. Produced by Str8 Beatz, Back At It boasts a lingering sample in the background with head-nodding percussion at the forefront where Laelo and hip-hop trio Gods’illa take turns discussing why they spit it and exposing the plague of fraudulent rappers who flood the streets. Back At It (For The People) is slated to appear on Laelo’s upcoming, and as-of-yet untitled EP, expected to the see the light of day this June. Until then, keep it locked here and we’ll keep you in tune with the latest from Laelo, because we too do it For The People.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records/High Definition Society
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Land of Broken Dreams" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.