It’s been quite a while since the Booth has heard from Lady Sovereign, the London-born emcee who rose from England’s Grime scene to become the first non-American female artist on the Def Jam roster. In the two-years-and-change since we shined the spotlight on her Missy Elliot-featuring remix of Public Warning single Love Me or Hate Me, relatively little has been heard from her. Now, however, she’s back with a brand new single in anticipation of her long-awaited sophomore effort, Jigsaw (currently set to drop in April of ‘09). I’ve Got You Dancing is sure to get bodies moving when it hits the club circuit; Medasyn‘s production, which pairs buzzing synthesizers with mechanical-sounding percussion, meshes well with Lady Sovereign’s jittery flow, and the robotic voice that accompanies the emcee on the hook adds to the compellingly off-kilter vibe. All of the pieces are in place on this club-ready single, which should create considerable buzz leading up to Jigsaw‘s arrival.
Written by richard on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.