It’s been quite a while since the Booth has heard from Lady Sovereign, the London-born emcee who rose from England’s Grime scene to become the first non-American female artist on the Def Jam roster. In the two-years-and-change since we shined the spotlight on her Missy Elliot-featuring remix of Public Warning single Love Me or Hate Me, relatively little has been heard from her. Now, however, she’s back with a brand new single in anticipation of her long-awaited sophomore effort, Jigsaw (currently set to drop in April of ‘09). I’ve Got You Dancing is sure to get bodies moving when it hits the club circuit; Medasyn‘s production, which pairs buzzing synthesizers with mechanical-sounding percussion, meshes well with Lady Sovereign’s jittery flow, and the robotic voice that accompanies the emcee on the hook adds to the compellingly off-kilter vibe. All of the pieces are in place on this club-ready single, which should create considerable buzz leading up to Jigsaw‘s arrival.
Written by richard on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)