It’s been quite a while since the Booth has heard from Lady Sovereign, the London-born emcee who rose from England’s Grime scene to become the first non-American female artist on the Def Jam roster. In the two-years-and-change since we shined the spotlight on her Missy Elliot-featuring remix of Public Warning single Love Me or Hate Me, relatively little has been heard from her. Now, however, she’s back with a brand new single in anticipation of her long-awaited sophomore effort, Jigsaw (currently set to drop in April of ‘09). I’ve Got You Dancing is sure to get bodies moving when it hits the club circuit; Medasyn‘s production, which pairs buzzing synthesizers with mechanical-sounding percussion, meshes well with Lady Sovereign’s jittery flow, and the robotic voice that accompanies the emcee on the hook adds to the compellingly off-kilter vibe. All of the pieces are in place on this club-ready single, which should create considerable buzz leading up to Jigsaw‘s arrival.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.