It’s been quite a while since the Booth has heard from Lady Sovereign, the London-born emcee who rose from England’s Grime scene to become the first non-American female artist on the Def Jam roster. In the two-years-and-change since we shined the spotlight on her Missy Elliot-featuring remix of Public Warning single Love Me or Hate Me, relatively little has been heard from her. Now, however, she’s back with a brand new single in anticipation of her long-awaited sophomore effort, Jigsaw (currently set to drop in April of ‘09). I’ve Got You Dancing is sure to get bodies moving when it hits the club circuit; Medasyn‘s production, which pairs buzzing synthesizers with mechanical-sounding percussion, meshes well with Lady Sovereign’s jittery flow, and the robotic voice that accompanies the emcee on the hook adds to the compellingly off-kilter vibe. All of the pieces are in place on this club-ready single, which should create considerable buzz leading up to Jigsaw‘s arrival.
Written by richard on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix) ft. Missy Elliot" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.