It’s been quite a while since the Booth has heard from Lady Sovereign, the London-born emcee who rose from England’s Grime scene to become the first non-American female artist on the Def Jam roster. In the two-years-and-change since we shined the spotlight on her Missy Elliot-featuring remix of Public Warning single Love Me or Hate Me, relatively little has been heard from her. Now, however, she’s back with a brand new single in anticipation of her long-awaited sophomore effort, Jigsaw (currently set to drop in April of ‘09). I’ve Got You Dancing is sure to get bodies moving when it hits the club circuit; Medasyn‘s production, which pairs buzzing synthesizers with mechanical-sounding percussion, meshes well with Lady Sovereign’s jittery flow, and the robotic voice that accompanies the emcee on the hook adds to the compellingly off-kilter vibe. All of the pieces are in place on this club-ready single, which should create considerable buzz leading up to Jigsaw‘s arrival.
Written by richard on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Me Or Hate Me (Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.