Over the last few years, DJBooth has chronicled the rise of traditional R&B and rap records that encompass a club-oriented, dance-element. While artists like Timbaland, Kanye West, and Ne-Yo have built their recent success off of electro-influenced music, 22-year-old pop singer Stefani Germanotta was taking real good notes. Known to the masses as Lady Gaga, the Streamline/Interscope artist is capturing the nation’s ear with her debut single, Just Dance, which just recently underwent an audio makeover. Produced by Akon and RedOne, the original version features Colby O’Donis, but on the remix fellow Konvict crew member Kardinal Offishall has been added to the fray. Gaga’s debut album, The Fame, has already been released in Canada, but will land on store shelves in the United States on October 28.
Written by DJ Z on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chillin' ft.Lady Gaga" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.