Over the last few years, DJBooth has chronicled the rise of traditional R&B and rap records that encompass a club-oriented, dance-element. While artists like Timbaland, Kanye West, and Ne-Yo have built their recent success off of electro-influenced music, 22-year-old pop singer Stefani Germanotta was taking real good notes. Known to the masses as Lady Gaga, the Streamline/Interscope artist is capturing the nation’s ear with her debut single, Just Dance, which just recently underwent an audio makeover. Produced by Akon and RedOne, the original version features Colby O’Donis, but on the remix fellow Konvict crew member Kardinal Offishall has been added to the fray. Gaga’s debut album, The Fame, has already been released in Canada, but will land on store shelves in the United States on October 28.
Written by DJ Z on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chillin' ft.Lady Gaga" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)