Over the last few years, DJBooth has chronicled the rise of traditional R&B and rap records that encompass a club-oriented, dance-element. While artists like Timbaland, Kanye West, and Ne-Yo have built their recent success off of electro-influenced music, 22-year-old pop singer Stefani Germanotta was taking real good notes. Known to the masses as Lady Gaga, the Streamline/Interscope artist is capturing the nation’s ear with her debut single, Just Dance, which just recently underwent an audio makeover. Produced by Akon and RedOne, the original version features Colby O’Donis, but on the remix fellow Konvict crew member Kardinal Offishall has been added to the fray. Gaga’s debut album, The Fame, has already been released in Canada, but will land on store shelves in the United States on October 28.
Written by DJ Z on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chillin' ft.Lady Gaga" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.