Like most female celebrities, Lady Gaga has her appearance scrutinized on a constant basis, and her boldly unconventional behavior has only served to intensify the spotlight’s glare. On new single Do What U Want, she lets her detractors know that their skin-deep criticisms, however cruel and hurtful, aren’t going to affect her attitude or behavior one bit. DJ White Shadow backs her defiant vocals with a lightly-tweaked rendition of Dance With The Dead‘s The Deep instrumental. R&B heavyweight R. Kelly steps into the spotlight on verse two, his falsetto-laced delivery providing a pleasing contrast to the headliner’s fiery performance. Fans will be able to find this cut, lead single Venus (not featured in the Booth) and much more on Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP LP, dropping November 4, via Interscope.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just Dance (Remix) ft. Kardinal Offishall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.