On Do What U Want, the hit second single off Lady Gaga‘s latest full-length, the hitmaking pop songstress displayed a new, soulful edge that caused many critics to compare her to Christina Aguilera. Evidently, she’s been paying attention to the reviews, as the official remix sees her going toe to toe with Miss Genie in a Bottle herself. (Her original guest, R&B heavyweight R. Kelly, sits this one out.) Over Paul “DJ White Shadow” Blair‘s neon-tinted synthpop production, the two pop songstresses showcase their vocal chops both solo (on the verses) and in tandem (on the chorus). Though Aguilera turns in a more powerful performance, Gaga proves more than worthy collaborator, and their styles mesh just as naturally as you’d expect. This rendition isn’t attached to a larger set, but the original version of Do What U Want can be found on Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP LP, available in stores and online as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just Dance (Remix) ft. Kardinal Offishall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.