On Do What U Want, the hit second single off Lady Gaga‘s latest full-length, the hitmaking pop songstress displayed a new, soulful edge that caused many critics to compare her to Christina Aguilera. Evidently, she’s been paying attention to the reviews, as the official remix sees her going toe to toe with Miss Genie in a Bottle herself. (Her original guest, R&B heavyweight R. Kelly, sits this one out.) Over Paul “DJ White Shadow” Blair‘s neon-tinted synthpop production, the two pop songstresses showcase their vocal chops both solo (on the verses) and in tandem (on the chorus). Though Aguilera turns in a more powerful performance, Gaga proves more than worthy collaborator, and their styles mesh just as naturally as you’d expect. This rendition isn’t attached to a larger set, but the original version of Do What U Want can be found on Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP LP, available in stores and online as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just Dance (Remix) ft. Kardinal Offishall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.