On Do What U Want, the hit second single off Lady Gaga‘s latest full-length, the hitmaking pop songstress displayed a new, soulful edge that caused many critics to compare her to Christina Aguilera. Evidently, she’s been paying attention to the reviews, as the official remix sees her going toe to toe with Miss Genie in a Bottle herself. (Her original guest, R&B heavyweight R. Kelly, sits this one out.) Over Paul “DJ White Shadow” Blair‘s neon-tinted synthpop production, the two pop songstresses showcase their vocal chops both solo (on the verses) and in tandem (on the chorus). Though Aguilera turns in a more powerful performance, Gaga proves more than worthy collaborator, and their styles mesh just as naturally as you’d expect. This rendition isn’t attached to a larger set, but the original version of Do What U Want can be found on Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP LP, available in stores and online as of November 2013.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just Dance (Remix) ft. Kardinal Offishall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.