As an unsigned artist grinding her way up from the bottom, New Zealand’s Ladi6 can’t help but feel a little jealous of women whose rich fathers keep them dripping in jewels. Nonetheless, she knows that if she spends enough time “churning butter,” she’ll eventually end up with Diamonds. (Or really watery butter… one of the two.) This officially remixed version of the record features brand new production by D.C.-repping reader fave Oddisee. In place of Parks‘s upbeat original boardwork, he crafts a more sedate synth backdrop for Ladi’s vocals. On the back, Odd steps out from behind the boards to deliver an ambitious, insightful closing 16. Interest piqued? This remix, isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can find the album version on Ladi6’s Automatic LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)