As an unsigned artist grinding her way up from the bottom, New Zealand’s Ladi6 can’t help but feel a little jealous of women whose rich fathers keep them dripping in jewels. Nonetheless, she knows that if she spends enough time “churning butter,” she’ll eventually end up with Diamonds. (Or really watery butter… one of the two.) This officially remixed version of the record features brand new production by D.C.-repping reader fave Oddisee. In place of Parks‘s upbeat original boardwork, he crafts a more sedate synth backdrop for Ladi’s vocals. On the back, Odd steps out from behind the boards to deliver an ambitious, insightful closing 16. Interest piqued? This remix, isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can find the album version on Ladi6’s Automatic LP, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 12/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.