I’d start this blurb by making sarcastic use of this record’s title, but Lack of Afro is a first-time featuree on the headlining tip, so it wouldn’t really be appropriate. And even if we had featured him before, the British DJ and producer would deserve a more enthusiastic greeting than, “Here We Go Again!” Previously heard handling production on Wax and Herbal T‘s Lewis & Clark, the beatsmith rejoins forces with his collaborators on this joint, adding rapper/producer EOM for good measure. Over a lush, funky instrumental garnished with old-school cuts, the emcees go ham, mixing internally-rhymed trash-talk (“Your thing is people snoring / Our thing’s crowds roaring when we’re touring.”) with plain ol’ quality advice (“Pour the liqour out the fridge, mix juice wit it / It stay cold if you put a little ice wit it!”) Feeling it? You can find Here We Go and much more on the Lack of Afro’s Music for Adverts LP, released today via Kudos Records’ official site.
Written by richard on 03/4/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.