It takes some serious stones to give your record the same name as one of the most popular songs by the most famous rock band ever to walk this earth. With that said, I’m not gonna do anything crazy like call Labrinth the next Paul McCartney, but I managed to listen to Let It Be without the chorus of that other jam running through my head, so I think that counts as a smashing success. The singer and emcee’s first Booth feature (though he previously made an appearance on Tinie Tempah‘s Lover Not a Fighter), this joint finds the Hackney, London repper showcasing his powerful vocal presence as he paints a dramatic picture of his own struggle to succeed. Labrinth’s eponymous backing band provides the cut’s bold, brass-laced instrumental backdrop, and an unknown director’s cinematic visuals round out the package. Let It Be isn’t part of a larger project, but fans can cop the record now as a single on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.