Considering the stage name, I probably don’t need to tell you that rapper LA and his partner, producer/hookman, Mr. Music hail from… Chicago? Huh. That’s a little unintuitive. So, does that mean their first Booth feature, The Fire, earned its name by being the opposite of hot? Nah – in this case, the obvious interpretation does indeed hold true. Here, Mr. Music’s innovative instrumental, a pensive mix of aggressive percussion, string stabs and syncopated vocal samples, sets the stage for an epic round of braggadocio from the headliner and a few equally talented collaborators. Lending a hand on the guest tip, fellow Windy City representatives Gio and S-Preme, along with Vegas native (and recent Best of the Booth staff pick) Nique, jump on board to lace the beat with their own respective brands of lyrical fire. Does this no-nonsense underground banger leave you wondering what else LA and Mr. Music have up their sleeves? Then keep it locked – details on the duo’s forthcoming project have yet to be announced, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.