Considering the stage name, I probably don’t need to tell you that rapper LA and his partner, producer/hookman, Mr. Music hail from… Chicago? Huh. That’s a little unintuitive. So, does that mean their first Booth feature, The Fire, earned its name by being the opposite of hot? Nah – in this case, the obvious interpretation does indeed hold true. Here, Mr. Music’s innovative instrumental, a pensive mix of aggressive percussion, string stabs and syncopated vocal samples, sets the stage for an epic round of braggadocio from the headliner and a few equally talented collaborators. Lending a hand on the guest tip, fellow Windy City representatives Gio and S-Preme, along with Vegas native (and recent Best of the Booth staff pick) Nique, jump on board to lace the beat with their own respective brands of lyrical fire. Does this no-nonsense underground banger leave you wondering what else LA and Mr. Music have up their sleeves? Then keep it locked – details on the duo’s forthcoming project have yet to be announced, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.