Considering the stage name, I probably don’t need to tell you that rapper LA and his partner, producer/hookman, Mr. Music hail from… Chicago? Huh. That’s a little unintuitive. So, does that mean their first Booth feature, The Fire, earned its name by being the opposite of hot? Nah – in this case, the obvious interpretation does indeed hold true. Here, Mr. Music’s innovative instrumental, a pensive mix of aggressive percussion, string stabs and syncopated vocal samples, sets the stage for an epic round of braggadocio from the headliner and a few equally talented collaborators. Lending a hand on the guest tip, fellow Windy City representatives Gio and S-Preme, along with Vegas native (and recent Best of the Booth staff pick) Nique, jump on board to lace the beat with their own respective brands of lyrical fire. Does this no-nonsense underground banger leave you wondering what else LA and Mr. Music have up their sleeves? Then keep it locked – details on the duo’s forthcoming project have yet to be announced, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)