Considering the stage name, I probably don’t need to tell you that rapper LA and his partner, producer/hookman, Mr. Music hail from… Chicago? Huh. That’s a little unintuitive. So, does that mean their first Booth feature, The Fire, earned its name by being the opposite of hot? Nah – in this case, the obvious interpretation does indeed hold true. Here, Mr. Music’s innovative instrumental, a pensive mix of aggressive percussion, string stabs and syncopated vocal samples, sets the stage for an epic round of braggadocio from the headliner and a few equally talented collaborators. Lending a hand on the guest tip, fellow Windy City representatives Gio and S-Preme, along with Vegas native (and recent Best of the Booth staff pick) Nique, jump on board to lace the beat with their own respective brands of lyrical fire. Does this no-nonsense underground banger leave you wondering what else LA and Mr. Music have up their sleeves? Then keep it locked – details on the duo’s forthcoming project have yet to be announced, but fans can, of course, keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.