Ah, to be a kid again… Actually, scratch that; I kinda dig the whole no curfew, being able to buy liquor and vote thing. The Fire duo LA & Mr. Music, on the other hand, would give up the responsibilities and the perks of adulthood in a heartbeat, if it meant they could go back to the prepubescent years – as far they’re concerned, “those were the Best Days” of their lives. Needless to say, nostalgia pervades the Chi-town natives’ latest effort, from Music’s piano-led production and breezy chorus vocals to LA’s wistful bars. Kicking things off with the funniest opening couplet I’ve heard in a long while (“I’m talkin’ bout fresh out the fallopians, watchin’ Nickelodeon…”), the latter delivers verses as poignant as they are witty, showing off his engaging delivery as he reminisces about the simple pleasures of childhood. To top it all off, the twosome enlist a few pint-sized collaborators for for the climactic outro. Does this single leave you feeling like a kid again? Details on LA and Mr. Music’s latest project have yet to be announced, but you – and your inner child – can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest details.
Written by richard on 03/7/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.