Ah, to be a kid again… Actually, scratch that; I kinda dig the whole no curfew, being able to buy liquor and vote thing. The Fire duo LA & Mr. Music, on the other hand, would give up the responsibilities and the perks of adulthood in a heartbeat, if it meant they could go back to the prepubescent years – as far they’re concerned, “those were the Best Days” of their lives. Needless to say, nostalgia pervades the Chi-town natives’ latest effort, from Music’s piano-led production and breezy chorus vocals to LA’s wistful bars. Kicking things off with the funniest opening couplet I’ve heard in a long while (“I’m talkin’ bout fresh out the fallopians, watchin’ Nickelodeon…”), the latter delivers verses as poignant as they are witty, showing off his engaging delivery as he reminisces about the simple pleasures of childhood. To top it all off, the twosome enlist a few pint-sized collaborators for for the climactic outro. Does this single leave you feeling like a kid again? Details on LA and Mr. Music’s latest project have yet to be announced, but you – and your inner child – can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest details.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.