Ah, to be a kid again… Actually, scratch that; I kinda dig the whole no curfew, being able to buy liquor and vote thing. The Fire duo LA & Mr. Music, on the other hand, would give up the responsibilities and the perks of adulthood in a heartbeat, if it meant they could go back to the prepubescent years – as far they’re concerned, “those were the Best Days” of their lives. Needless to say, nostalgia pervades the Chi-town natives’ latest effort, from Music’s piano-led production and breezy chorus vocals to LA’s wistful bars. Kicking things off with the funniest opening couplet I’ve heard in a long while (“I’m talkin’ bout fresh out the fallopians, watchin’ Nickelodeon…”), the latter delivers verses as poignant as they are witty, showing off his engaging delivery as he reminisces about the simple pleasures of childhood. To top it all off, the twosome enlist a few pint-sized collaborators for for the climactic outro. Does this single leave you feeling like a kid again? Details on LA and Mr. Music’s latest project have yet to be announced, but you – and your inner child – can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest details.
Written by richard on 03/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.