She lost her mojo slime? Hardly. L.A. left you Spitting Out Blood on the last single from her upcoming album The L.A. Riots, due out soon via DJBooth. Now she returns screaming I’m Alive on her new this world premiere. With Hippie Sabotage on the boards, the production duo serve up a soft piano rift that leads to a well layered futuristic beat that lends itself to L.A.‘s lyrical onslaught. And onslaught it is, with an opening verse that smacks you in the face with its as-a-matter-of-fact tone, L.A. knows they told you that she’s “the black hole b*tch.” There’s a hunger in the Brooklyn newcomer’s voice and she lays it all on the line in I’m Alive. This is just the tip of the iceberg; I’ve got a feeling The L.A. Riots will continue to deliver up raw emotion and heartfelt lyrics, as she struggles with her inner demons and desire to prove naysayers wrong. As they say, it “taste better when it’s called a hit.” Well, is this a hit Booth Nation? Either way, L.A. will stay alive and rhyming.
Written by ThroatChopU on 04/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.