She lost her mojo slime? Hardly. L.A. left you Spitting Out Blood on the last single from her upcoming album The L.A. Riots, due out soon via DJBooth. Now she returns screaming I’m Alive on her new this world premiere. With Hippie Sabotage on the boards, the production duo serve up a soft piano rift that leads to a well layered futuristic beat that lends itself to L.A.‘s lyrical onslaught. And onslaught it is, with an opening verse that smacks you in the face with its as-a-matter-of-fact tone, L.A. knows they told you that she’s “the black hole b*tch.” There’s a hunger in the Brooklyn newcomer’s voice and she lays it all on the line in I’m Alive. This is just the tip of the iceberg; I’ve got a feeling The L.A. Riots will continue to deliver up raw emotion and heartfelt lyrics, as she struggles with her inner demons and desire to prove naysayers wrong. As they say, it “taste better when it’s called a hit.” Well, is this a hit Booth Nation? Either way, L.A. will stay alive and rhyming.
Written by ThroatChopU on 04/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)