She lost her mojo slime? Hardly. L.A. left you Spitting Out Blood on the last single from her upcoming album The L.A. Riots, due out soon via DJBooth. Now she returns screaming I’m Alive on her new this world premiere. With Hippie Sabotage on the boards, the production duo serve up a soft piano rift that leads to a well layered futuristic beat that lends itself to L.A.‘s lyrical onslaught. And onslaught it is, with an opening verse that smacks you in the face with its as-a-matter-of-fact tone, L.A. knows they told you that she’s “the black hole b*tch.” There’s a hunger in the Brooklyn newcomer’s voice and she lays it all on the line in I’m Alive. This is just the tip of the iceberg; I’ve got a feeling The L.A. Riots will continue to deliver up raw emotion and heartfelt lyrics, as she struggles with her inner demons and desire to prove naysayers wrong. As they say, it “taste better when it’s called a hit.” Well, is this a hit Booth Nation? Either way, L.A. will stay alive and rhyming.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.