If you know La Coke Nostra you know what to expect from new standout selection Electronic Funeral; bubblegum raps so soft they make Justin Bieber sound like Tupac. Nah, I’m just f**king with you, once again the underground crew absolutely murks an appropriately electronically touched but percussively driven Beat Butcha instrumental that Coka emcees Danny Boy, Ill Bill and Slaine use to lay waste to anyone who dares stand in their path. And if that wasn’t enough, the always censor-worthy Sean Price stops by with some iller than Ebola rhymes of his own: “Never give the god cane / sniff my head off, I am Ichabod Crane.” For more supremely dark hip-hop be sure to cop La Coka’s Masters of the Dark Art album, due out Tuesday, July 29…or just pre-order right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Choose Your Side" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)