If you know La Coke Nostra you know what to expect from new standout selection Electronic Funeral; bubblegum raps so soft they make Justin Bieber sound like Tupac. Nah, I’m just f**king with you, once again the underground crew absolutely murks an appropriately electronically touched but percussively driven Beat Butcha instrumental that Coka emcees Danny Boy, Ill Bill and Slaine use to lay waste to anyone who dares stand in their path. And if that wasn’t enough, the always censor-worthy Sean Price stops by with some iller than Ebola rhymes of his own: “Never give the god cane / sniff my head off, I am Ichabod Crane.” For more supremely dark hip-hop be sure to cop La Coka’s Masters of the Dark Art album, due out Tuesday, July 29…or just pre-order right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Choose Your Side" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.