If you know La Coke Nostra you know what to expect from new standout selection Electronic Funeral; bubblegum raps so soft they make Justin Bieber sound like Tupac. Nah, I’m just f**king with you, once again the underground crew absolutely murks an appropriately electronically touched but percussively driven Beat Butcha instrumental that Coka emcees Danny Boy, Ill Bill and Slaine use to lay waste to anyone who dares stand in their path. And if that wasn’t enough, the always censor-worthy Sean Price stops by with some iller than Ebola rhymes of his own: “Never give the god cane / sniff my head off, I am Ichabod Crane.” For more supremely dark hip-hop be sure to cop La Coka’s Masters of the Dark Art album, due out Tuesday, July 29…or just pre-order right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Choose Your Side" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.