Whenever I used to play Street Fighter II back in the day, my strategy was to pick E. Honda and spam his Hundred Hand Slap till whoever I was battling got pissed and slugged me (in real life). Yeah, I sucked pretty bad. L.A., on the other hand, prefers Chun Li - and, if her gaming skills are anywhere close to the mic skills she showcases on her latest feature, you’d better believe she could wipe the floor with my cheap-shot-taking ass. The inaugural entry in L.A.‘s pre-album Lost Riots series finds her showcasing her lyrical high-kicks over a chaotic beat by Cler Vision (complete, of course, with plenty of iconic Street Fighter samples). While Nicki Minaj‘s influence is palpable (the Harajuku Barbie’s Chun-Li name-drop on Willow Smith‘s Fireball may have been an inspiration.), the Big Apple flame-spitter comes with rhymes considerably harder-hitting than anything the Young Money heavyweight would dish out, beating down her male and female peers in bars dripping with aggression. So, Booth readers, is L.A.‘s latest effort a knockout? Then keep it locked for more Lost Riots leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of L.A’s next album, L./\ Lytes.
Written by richard on 03/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.