On her last feature, NYC rhymesayer L.atasha A.lcindor retreated from her everyday surroundings into an LA State of Mind. As it turns out, though, the psychic geography she explored on that jam was only a small corner of another world which she likes to call LaLa Land. Part of the artist’s next street album, this freshly-minted single finds L.A. plumbing the depths of her inner space in free-spirited, free-associative verses. Shaun G. provides an appropriately far-out backdrop for her rhymes, incorporating the chorus ‘La’s from Kanye‘s Can’t Tell Me Nothing into his trippy synth soundscape. Fans will be able to find Lala Land and many more quality cuts on A.lcindor’s DJbooth-hosted LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict” tape, set to hit our front page sometime this May.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.