On her last feature, NYC rhymesayer L.atasha A.lcindor retreated from her everyday surroundings into an LA State of Mind. As it turns out, though, the psychic geography she explored on that jam was only a small corner of another world which she likes to call LaLa Land. Part of the artist’s next street album, this freshly-minted single finds L.A. plumbing the depths of her inner space in free-spirited, free-associative verses. Shaun G. provides an appropriately far-out backdrop for her rhymes, incorporating the chorus ‘La’s from Kanye‘s Can’t Tell Me Nothing into his trippy synth soundscape. Fans will be able to find Lala Land and many more quality cuts on A.lcindor’s DJbooth-hosted LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict” tape, set to hit our front page sometime this May.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Brooklyn rhymesayer L.atasha A.lcindor has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners her latest street release, the Spark EP. Mixed at Homebass Studios, the project packs 14 tracks' worth of fresh material from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.