On her last feature, NYC rhymesayer L.atasha A.lcindor retreated from her everyday surroundings into an LA State of Mind. As it turns out, though, the psychic geography she explored on that jam was only a small corner of another world which she likes to call LaLa Land. Part of the artist’s next street album, this freshly-minted single finds L.A. plumbing the depths of her inner space in free-spirited, free-associative verses. Shaun G. provides an appropriately far-out backdrop for her rhymes, incorporating the chorus ‘La’s from Kanye‘s Can’t Tell Me Nothing into his trippy synth soundscape. Fans will be able to find Lala Land and many more quality cuts on A.lcindor’s DJbooth-hosted LALytes: Revelations of a Life Addict” tape, set to hit our front page sometime this May.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Spittin' Out Blood" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.