Have roughly a gazillion artists already written songs about the arousing effects of watching shawtys get low? Yeah. Do rising R&B star L. Jaye and frequent collaborator Jeff Chery have what it takes to craft one that stands out from the pack? Well… Yeah. If the former artist’s latest EP leak (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!) is any indication, they most definitely do. Here, producer Duke Williams’ sugary synths and piano arpeggios set a radio-ready mood as the ATL representative ogles a female clubgoer whose dance moves are like poetry in motion. Re-returning the favor from his own last feature, Gotta Make It (the two also appeared together on Jaye’s Booth debut, Recession), the rapper formerly known as Pay$oz takes center stage on the back end, comparing to woman in question to a (sexy?) seizure victim and dropping about a dozen musical allusions for good measure. Like what you’re hearing? Fans can find this pop-appealing joint and much more on L. Jaye’s forthcoming self-titled EP, set to hit stores and online retailers sometime this winter.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
Rush World Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)