Have roughly a gazillion artists already written songs about the arousing effects of watching shawtys get low? Yeah. Do rising R&B star L. Jaye and frequent collaborator Jeff Chery have what it takes to craft one that stands out from the pack? Well… Yeah. If the former artist’s latest EP leak (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!) is any indication, they most definitely do. Here, producer Duke Williams’ sugary synths and piano arpeggios set a radio-ready mood as the ATL representative ogles a female clubgoer whose dance moves are like poetry in motion. Re-returning the favor from his own last feature, Gotta Make It (the two also appeared together on Jaye’s Booth debut, Recession), the rapper formerly known as Pay$oz takes center stage on the back end, comparing to woman in question to a (sexy?) seizure victim and dropping about a dozen musical allusions for good measure. Like what you’re hearing? Fans can find this pop-appealing joint and much more on L. Jaye’s forthcoming self-titled EP, set to hit stores and online retailers sometime this winter.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
Rush World Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.