Have roughly a gazillion artists already written songs about the arousing effects of watching shawtys get low? Yeah. Do rising R&B star L. Jaye and frequent collaborator Jeff Chery have what it takes to craft one that stands out from the pack? Well… Yeah. If the former artist’s latest EP leak (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!) is any indication, they most definitely do. Here, producer Duke Williams’ sugary synths and piano arpeggios set a radio-ready mood as the ATL representative ogles a female clubgoer whose dance moves are like poetry in motion. Re-returning the favor from his own last feature, Gotta Make It (the two also appeared together on Jaye’s Booth debut, Recession), the rapper formerly known as Pay$oz takes center stage on the back end, comparing to woman in question to a (sexy?) seizure victim and dropping about a dozen musical allusions for good measure. Like what you’re hearing? Fans can find this pop-appealing joint and much more on L. Jaye’s forthcoming self-titled EP, set to hit stores and online retailers sometime this winter.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
Rush World Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.