Have roughly a gazillion artists already written songs about the arousing effects of watching shawtys get low? Yeah. Do rising R&B star L. Jaye and frequent collaborator Jeff Chery have what it takes to craft one that stands out from the pack? Well… Yeah. If the former artist’s latest EP leak (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!) is any indication, they most definitely do. Here, producer Duke Williams’ sugary synths and piano arpeggios set a radio-ready mood as the ATL representative ogles a female clubgoer whose dance moves are like poetry in motion. Re-returning the favor from his own last feature, Gotta Make It (the two also appeared together on Jaye’s Booth debut, Recession), the rapper formerly known as Pay$oz takes center stage on the back end, comparing to woman in question to a (sexy?) seizure victim and dropping about a dozen musical allusions for good measure. Like what you’re hearing? Fans can find this pop-appealing joint and much more on L. Jaye’s forthcoming self-titled EP, set to hit stores and online retailers sometime this winter.
Written by richard on 06/22/10
Submit your Rating
Rush World Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.