Having lent his songwriting/production services to such artists as Raheem DeVaughn (Woman) and Foxy Brown (Heart’s Desire), Booth newcomer Kyonte’ Vincent is now preparing to take center stage with the release of his own debut full-length, 831 Vol. 1: (What’s That Sound?). Is the D.C. native ready to make the big leap out from behind the scenes? This newly-released album inclusion is a promising sign. Backed by his own glossy synths and Go-Go percussion, Vincent pays tribute to a special lady, promising that, no matter how far he roams, he’ll always come “Right Back to You.” While the headliner seems to have an actual, flesh-and-blood woman in mind, his collaborators have other ideas; in his opening bars, Don Juan states “I wish I could marry my music” and Hollywood emcee Phil Adé explains in his own guest verse that the love of his life is none other than Ms. Hip-Hop. Sorry, ladies! Minor disappointments aside, Kyonte’ comes with a smooth style likely to leave R&B-lovers hooked (”...just like a chorus”). If that’s the case, you won’t have to wait long for your next fix – 834 hits stores February 23 via Keyz to Da City Music.
Written by richard on 02/2/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.