Having lent his songwriting/production services to such artists as Raheem DeVaughn (Woman) and Foxy Brown (Heart’s Desire), Booth newcomer Kyonte’ Vincent is now preparing to take center stage with the release of his own debut full-length, 831 Vol. 1: (What’s That Sound?). Is the D.C. native ready to make the big leap out from behind the scenes? This newly-released album inclusion is a promising sign. Backed by his own glossy synths and Go-Go percussion, Vincent pays tribute to a special lady, promising that, no matter how far he roams, he’ll always come “Right Back to You.” While the headliner seems to have an actual, flesh-and-blood woman in mind, his collaborators have other ideas; in his opening bars, Don Juan states “I wish I could marry my music” and Hollywood emcee Phil Adé explains in his own guest verse that the love of his life is none other than Ms. Hip-Hop. Sorry, ladies! Minor disappointments aside, Kyonte’ comes with a smooth style likely to leave R&B-lovers hooked (”...just like a chorus”). If that’s the case, you won’t have to wait long for your next fix – 834 hits stores February 23 via Keyz to Da City Music.
Written by richard on 02/2/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.