KYLE‘s native Ventura may be only an hour’s drive from Hollywood, where he currently resides, but those 59.3 miles make a world of difference to a rapper grinding his way to glory. On a brand new single, the Golden State buzzmaker waxes poetic about the View From Hollywood, and strives to communicate its majesty to his fans. The verses he spits over Thomas Barfod‘s atmospheric synth boardwork vividly evoke the pride and exhilaration, and well as the self-doubt and isolation he feels at the current stage of his hustle. Just in case you’re a visual learner, directors Nolan Smith and Jacob Owen juxtapose the glittering beaches of KYLE’s old stamping grounds with the lofty heights of his new neighborhood in their scenic official visuals. For View From Hollywood and many more quality cuts, check out the artist’s Beautiful Loser LP, available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silver Platter" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)