KYLE‘s native Ventura may be only an hour’s drive from Hollywood, where he currently resides, but those 59.3 miles make a world of difference to a rapper grinding his way to glory. On a brand new single, the Golden State buzzmaker waxes poetic about the View From Hollywood, and strives to communicate its majesty to his fans. The verses he spits over Thomas Barfod‘s atmospheric synth boardwork vividly evoke the pride and exhilaration, and well as the self-doubt and isolation he feels at the current stage of his hustle. Just in case you’re a visual learner, directors Nolan Smith and Jacob Owen juxtapose the glittering beaches of KYLE’s old stamping grounds with the lofty heights of his new neighborhood in their scenic official visuals. For View From Hollywood and many more quality cuts, check out the artist’s Beautiful Loser LP, available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silver Platter" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.