KYLE‘s native Ventura may be only an hour’s drive from Hollywood, where he currently resides, but those 59.3 miles make a world of difference to a rapper grinding his way to glory. On a brand new single, the Golden State buzzmaker waxes poetic about the View From Hollywood, and strives to communicate its majesty to his fans. The verses he spits over Thomas Barfod‘s atmospheric synth boardwork vividly evoke the pride and exhilaration, and well as the self-doubt and isolation he feels at the current stage of his hustle. Just in case you’re a visual learner, directors Nolan Smith and Jacob Owen juxtapose the glittering beaches of KYLE’s old stamping grounds with the lofty heights of his new neighborhood in their scenic official visuals. For View From Hollywood and many more quality cuts, check out the artist’s Beautiful Loser LP, available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Silver Platter" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.