According to the Email that accompanied KYLE‘s new single, he wrote Silver Platter while eating Cheetos. What the f**k does that have to do with anything, you ask? As far as I know, nothing—but, since the Golden State newcomer deemed that piece of information important enough to emphasize, I figured it’s only right I passed it along. On to the record itself: here, Carnage‘s quirky, doo-wop sampled production sets the stage for bars touting the artist’s uncanny knack for attracting female attention—and, as a consequence, his unwillingness to be tied down to any one woman. Director Jacob Owens hits it out of the park on the visual tip, creating a comedic homage to classic flick The Sandlot (Watch for Booth-approved emcee D-WHY‘s cameo as the pro team’s star player!) Fans will be able to find Platter and plenty more where it came from on KYLE’s debut studio album, Beautiful Loser, scheduled for a 2013 release via Indie Pop.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Real" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.