According to the Email that accompanied KYLE‘s new single, he wrote Silver Platter while eating Cheetos. What the f**k does that have to do with anything, you ask? As far as I know, nothing—but, since the Golden State newcomer deemed that piece of information important enough to emphasize, I figured it’s only right I passed it along. On to the record itself: here, Carnage‘s quirky, doo-wop sampled production sets the stage for bars touting the artist’s uncanny knack for attracting female attention—and, as a consequence, his unwillingness to be tied down to any one woman. Director Jacob Owens hits it out of the park on the visual tip, creating a comedic homage to classic flick The Sandlot (Watch for Booth-approved emcee D-WHY‘s cameo as the pro team’s star player!) Fans will be able to find Platter and plenty more where it came from on KYLE’s debut studio album, Beautiful Loser, scheduled for a 2013 release via Indie Pop.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Real" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.