According to the Email that accompanied KYLE‘s new single, he wrote Silver Platter while eating Cheetos. What the f**k does that have to do with anything, you ask? As far as I know, nothing—but, since the Golden State newcomer deemed that piece of information important enough to emphasize, I figured it’s only right I passed it along. On to the record itself: here, Carnage‘s quirky, doo-wop sampled production sets the stage for bars touting the artist’s uncanny knack for attracting female attention—and, as a consequence, his unwillingness to be tied down to any one woman. Director Jacob Owens hits it out of the park on the visual tip, creating a comedic homage to classic flick The Sandlot (Watch for Booth-approved emcee D-WHY‘s cameo as the pro team’s star player!) Fans will be able to find Platter and plenty more where it came from on KYLE’s debut studio album, Beautiful Loser, scheduled for a 2013 release via Indie Pop.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Real" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.