Many rappers brought up amid the struggle emerge from their childhoods hell-bent on succeding and proving the haters wrong. Harlem-by-way-of-Princeton buzzmaker Kyle Rapps seems to have a more laid-back, philosophical outlook on his hustle. On this freshly-minted loosie, Belief‘s head-noddable boom-bap grooves set the mood as Rapps outlines his laissez-faire life philosophy: “Where We Go, it don’t f**kin’ matter / Take it slow, sh*t keep movin’ faster.” Be that as it may, his verses evince plenty of passion and an ironclad devotion to his craft. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Kyle’s plans as further information emerges.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.