Judging by the Nicolas Heller-directed visuals for Kyle Rapps’ last feature, February’s Bodies in the Trunk, I think it’s safe to say the emcee has a slightly twisted sense of humor. Whereas the artist’s last video built up to a twist ending, Robbie Barclay‘s cinematic accompaniment to new single Watch Out features a surprise right at the beginning. Rapps kicks it old school; so old, in fact, that his face is pasted onto a baby’s body. As he’s being paraded around the city in a Baby Bjorn, Rapps manages to keep his grown-man flow. Exhibiting a rugged and powerful vocal delivery, the emcee bodies the funky Belief beat, warning those who might piss him off to stay out of his way. Despite his infant form, they would be wise to heed his advice, because his command of the mic is unrivaled. This cut will appear on the New Yorker’s forthcoming mixtape, SUB, which boasts collabos with Action Bronson and Murs, among many others.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!