Judging by the Nicolas Heller-directed visuals for Kyle Rapps’ last feature, February’s Bodies in the Trunk, I think it’s safe to say the emcee has a slightly twisted sense of humor. Whereas the artist’s last video built up to a twist ending, Robbie Barclay‘s cinematic accompaniment to new single Watch Out features a surprise right at the beginning. Rapps kicks it old school; so old, in fact, that his face is pasted onto a baby’s body. As he’s being paraded around the city in a Baby Bjorn, Rapps manages to keep his grown-man flow. Exhibiting a rugged and powerful vocal delivery, the emcee bodies the funky Belief beat, warning those who might piss him off to stay out of his way. Despite his infant form, they would be wise to heed his advice, because his command of the mic is unrivaled. This cut will appear on the New Yorker’s forthcoming mixtape, SUB, which boasts collabos with Action Bronson and Murs, among many others.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.