Judging by the Nicolas Heller-directed visuals for Kyle Rapps’ last feature, February’s Bodies in the Trunk, I think it’s safe to say the emcee has a slightly twisted sense of humor. Whereas the artist’s last video built up to a twist ending, Robbie Barclay‘s cinematic accompaniment to new single Watch Out features a surprise right at the beginning. Rapps kicks it old school; so old, in fact, that his face is pasted onto a baby’s body. As he’s being paraded around the city in a Baby Bjorn, Rapps manages to keep his grown-man flow. Exhibiting a rugged and powerful vocal delivery, the emcee bodies the funky Belief beat, warning those who might piss him off to stay out of his way. Despite his infant form, they would be wise to heed his advice, because his command of the mic is unrivaled. This cut will appear on the New Yorker’s forthcoming mixtape, SUB, which boasts collabos with Action Bronson and Murs, among many others.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.