Judging by the Nicolas Heller-directed visuals for Kyle Rapps’ last feature, February’s Bodies in the Trunk, I think it’s safe to say the emcee has a slightly twisted sense of humor. Whereas the artist’s last video built up to a twist ending, Robbie Barclay‘s cinematic accompaniment to new single Watch Out features a surprise right at the beginning. Rapps kicks it old school; so old, in fact, that his face is pasted onto a baby’s body. As he’s being paraded around the city in a Baby Bjorn, Rapps manages to keep his grown-man flow. Exhibiting a rugged and powerful vocal delivery, the emcee bodies the funky Belief beat, warning those who might piss him off to stay out of his way. Despite his infant form, they would be wise to heed his advice, because his command of the mic is unrivaled. This cut will appear on the New Yorker’s forthcoming mixtape, SUB, which boasts collabos with Action Bronson and Murs, among many others.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/13
Kyle Rapps is no stranger to The DJBooth. In fact, the Jersey native has already made three appearances on our homepage so far this year. Thus, it should come as no surprise that entrance number four is upon us, being...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.