As Warner Bros. cartoons have taught us, it’s entirely possible to walk through thin air as long as you don’t look down and psych yourself out. Just to be safe, Kyle Rapps is keeping his gaze pointed upward as he grinds his way to the top of the hip-hop game. On new single The Sky’s on Fire, the Jersey native spits about what he’s seen among the clouds. In insightful verses, he addresses not only his own hustle, but the collective struggle of his people. Longtime behind-the-boards collaborator Belief provides an anthemic synth backdrop for the artist’s bars, and Brooklyn’s own Adrienne Mack-Davis ties the record together with some soaring hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on this rising rap star’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.