As Warner Bros. cartoons have taught us, it’s entirely possible to walk through thin air as long as you don’t look down and psych yourself out. Just to be safe, Kyle Rapps is keeping his gaze pointed upward as he grinds his way to the top of the hip-hop game. On new single The Sky’s on Fire, the Jersey native spits about what he’s seen among the clouds. In insightful verses, he addresses not only his own hustle, but the collective struggle of his people. Longtime behind-the-boards collaborator Belief provides an anthemic synth backdrop for the artist’s bars, and Brooklyn’s own Adrienne Mack-Davis ties the record together with some soaring hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on this rising rap star’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.