As Warner Bros. cartoons have taught us, it’s entirely possible to walk through thin air as long as you don’t look down and psych yourself out. Just to be safe, Kyle Rapps is keeping his gaze pointed upward as he grinds his way to the top of the hip-hop game. On new single The Sky’s on Fire, the Jersey native spits about what he’s seen among the clouds. In insightful verses, he addresses not only his own hustle, but the collective struggle of his people. Longtime behind-the-boards collaborator Belief provides an anthemic synth backdrop for the artist’s bars, and Brooklyn’s own Adrienne Mack-Davis ties the record together with some soaring hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; this joint isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on this rising rap star’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.