What have Kyle Rapps and Diwon been up to since January, when they hooked up with The DJBooth to drop their Tyrone Gosling FreEP? Well, they’ve been spending many an hour in front of the tube. Which isn’t to say they’ve been slacking—on the contrary, it’s vital research fior their next collaborative project, which finds them drawing inspiration from a variety of populars TV programs. Following non-featured cuts Breaking Bad and Mr. Rogers, final song release Portlandia finds Diwon flipping the popular IFC sketch comedy’s opening theme, Washed Up’s Feel It All Around, into a hazy, slow-rolling hip-hop soundcape. Rapps turns in a compelling performance on the mic, touting his indie cred (“Sometimes I feel like I’m so underground ever I can’t see me.”) and his ability to kill it live before switching focus to revisit his formative years in the ‘hood. Syndication is scheduled for digital release October 17; that same evening, Kyle Rapps and Diwon will also be performing as part of a Scion-sponsored CMJ showcase at Brooklyn venue The Paperbox.
Written by richard on 10/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)