Having gone the high-concept route with last fall’s Syndication tape, which found him rhyming over the theme songs of various of popular television series (as flipped by frequent production partner Diwon), underground emcee Kyle Rapps has decided to simplify things with the follow-up and simply GET IT IN over some dope instrumentals. On the latest single off the forthcoming project, released along with some hilarious low-budget visuals by Robbie Barclay, a compulsively head-noddable Belief instrumental backs the Harlemite as he trades witty, allusive verses with Queens-repping neighbor Action Bronson. Complete with an outro to the tune of Scarborough Fair, this laid-back lyrical banger is just one of many quality cuts to be found on SUB, scheduled for release this spring.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.