Kyle Rapps‘s last Booth feature, mixtape single Black Suburbs, found the up-and-comer reminiscing about the experience of growing up poor in affluent Princeton, NJ. On the freshly-minted follow-up, released in conjunction with director Robbie Barclay‘s official visuals, he shifts gears to celebrate the soaring Architecture of his adopted hometown, NYC. Project collaborator Belief provides a stark, percussion-driven beat to accompany the headliner’s sardonic bars, and West Coast stalwart MURS grabs the mic to drop a little knowledge on the back. Architecture is just one of many bangers to be found on Kyle’s SUB street album, available in The DJBooth as of June.
Written by richard on 12/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Knock Children" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.