It usually takes quite a few years in the biz before an artist can say that they’ve performed all around the world, but that isn’t quite the case for singer/producer Kyle Owens. Growing up as a child in a military family the Fayetteville, North Carolina crooner had the unique opportunity to perform at various military events on many a new soil. Now that Owens is settled into one place, however, he’s had the chance to create his own music like Ride, which was featured on Kingz Ink & DJ L Gee’s Lucky Nights Series this past weekend. The DJBooth newcomer doubles as producer on Ride, which kicks off pretty heavy on the guitars and eventually transforms into a more bass-laced beat. On top of providing his Booth debut with its mellow production and silky vocals, Owens proves he is in fact a triple threat as he impressively raps his way through the second half of the song. Killer vocals and a solid rap verse? Yeah, I think it’s safe to say that we’ll be hearing a lot more from Owens in the near future.
State City Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.