It usually takes quite a few years in the biz before an artist can say that they’ve performed all around the world, but that isn’t quite the case for singer/producer Kyle Owens. Growing up as a child in a military family the Fayetteville, North Carolina crooner had the unique opportunity to perform at various military events on many a new soil. Now that Owens is settled into one place, however, he’s had the chance to create his own music like Ride, which was featured on Kingz Ink & DJ L Gee’s Lucky Nights Series this past weekend. The DJBooth newcomer doubles as producer on Ride, which kicks off pretty heavy on the guitars and eventually transforms into a more bass-laced beat. On top of providing his Booth debut with its mellow production and silky vocals, Owens proves he is in fact a triple threat as he impressively raps his way through the second half of the song. Killer vocals and a solid rap verse? Yeah, I think it’s safe to say that we’ll be hearing a lot more from Owens in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/15/12
Submit your Rating
State City Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.