It usually takes quite a few years in the biz before an artist can say that they’ve performed all around the world, but that isn’t quite the case for singer/producer Kyle Owens. Growing up as a child in a military family the Fayetteville, North Carolina crooner had the unique opportunity to perform at various military events on many a new soil. Now that Owens is settled into one place, however, he’s had the chance to create his own music like Ride, which was featured on Kingz Ink & DJ L Gee’s Lucky Nights Series this past weekend. The DJBooth newcomer doubles as producer on Ride, which kicks off pretty heavy on the guitars and eventually transforms into a more bass-laced beat. On top of providing his Booth debut with its mellow production and silky vocals, Owens proves he is in fact a triple threat as he impressively raps his way through the second half of the song. Killer vocals and a solid rap verse? Yeah, I think it’s safe to say that we’ll be hearing a lot more from Owens in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/15/12
Submit your Rating
State City Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.