Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
For some artists, who are only after life’s finer things and not in it for the love of the music, the party is the dream. For Kyle Lucas, however, there is a huge difference between The Party and the Dream. The Georgia native shares some of the pitfalls of being an up-and-coming artist, such as fake friends looking for a free ride and haters looking to bring him down. With his charismatic, hungry flow and determined attitude, I suspect he will be just fine. Should he struggle, he has friends to lean on, among them producer Zak “Z Rokk” Diebels, who cooks up a powerful beat highlighted by a heavy guitar and heartfelt piano. The instrumental perfectly complements Lucas’ energetic rhymes, as well as Jonny Craig‘s passionate hook vocals. This cut is a loosie but, should you be in the market for more, Lucas just released his free It’s Always Sunny in Marietta 2 mixtape.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Kyle Lucas and Jonny Craig’s Justin Clough-directed The Party and the Dream.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.