Entry #93 in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Kyle Lucas, the Marietta, Ga. native who brought us reader-approved tracks The New Light and After the Show. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Purple Ribbon Representative freestyle, the indie emcee flows over an Organized Noize-produced beat originally featured on Big Boi‘s Royal Flush. Kyle Lucas is currently preparing for the release of his latest solo mixtape, It’s Always Sunny in Marietta, in addition to working with his band, Vonnegutt, on debut LP Falling Up the Stairs (due out soon via Purple Ribbon Records).
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 10/4/09
Submit your Rating
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.