Entry #93 in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Kyle Lucas, the Marietta, Ga. native who brought us reader-approved tracks The New Light and After the Show. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Purple Ribbon Representative freestyle, the indie emcee flows over an Organized Noize-produced beat originally featured on Big Boi‘s Royal Flush. Kyle Lucas is currently preparing for the release of his latest solo mixtape, It’s Always Sunny in Marietta, in addition to working with his band, Vonnegutt, on debut LP Falling Up the Stairs (due out soon via Purple Ribbon Records).
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 10/4/09
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.