Based on the dark lyrical undercurrents running through Kyle Lucas’ previous features, Booth readers could be forgiven for thinking the Marietta, Georgia rhymesayer had a few screws that needed tightening, if you catch my drift. It’s really no cause for alarm, though. On the latest single off his and Captain Midnite‘s 2011 The Sky Is Falling and I’m Fine EP, Lucas reassures anyone with lingering doubts regarding his mental stability, insisting, “I’m Only a Little Crazy, Baby.” Backed by his partner’s catchy sampling of Gloria Gaynor’s I’m Still Yours, he supports his claims of sanity by depicting himself burning sh*t and mixing pills with liquor in response to a breakup. And by rocking a straitjacket in Janssen Solberg and Arthur Wei‘s newly-released official visuals. On second thought, maybe we should be a little worried. Regardless, those feeling this video single can hear plenty more where it came from on the aforementioned 2011 EP, still available for free streaming and digital purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.