Based on the dark lyrical undercurrents running through Kyle Lucas’ previous features, Booth readers could be forgiven for thinking the Marietta, Georgia rhymesayer had a few screws that needed tightening, if you catch my drift. It’s really no cause for alarm, though. On the latest single off his and Captain Midnite‘s 2011 The Sky Is Falling and I’m Fine EP, Lucas reassures anyone with lingering doubts regarding his mental stability, insisting, “I’m Only a Little Crazy, Baby.” Backed by his partner’s catchy sampling of Gloria Gaynor’s I’m Still Yours, he supports his claims of sanity by depicting himself burning sh*t and mixing pills with liquor in response to a breakup. And by rocking a straitjacket in Janssen Solberg and Arthur Wei‘s newly-released official visuals. On second thought, maybe we should be a little worried. Regardless, those feeling this video single can hear plenty more where it came from on the aforementioned 2011 EP, still available for free streaming and digital purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.