Based on the dark lyrical undercurrents running through Kyle Lucas’ previous features, Booth readers could be forgiven for thinking the Marietta, Georgia rhymesayer had a few screws that needed tightening, if you catch my drift. It’s really no cause for alarm, though. On the latest single off his and Captain Midnite‘s 2011 The Sky Is Falling and I’m Fine EP, Lucas reassures anyone with lingering doubts regarding his mental stability, insisting, “I’m Only a Little Crazy, Baby.” Backed by his partner’s catchy sampling of Gloria Gaynor’s I’m Still Yours, he supports his claims of sanity by depicting himself burning sh*t and mixing pills with liquor in response to a breakup. And by rocking a straitjacket in Janssen Solberg and Arthur Wei‘s newly-released official visuals. On second thought, maybe we should be a little worried. Regardless, those feeling this video single can hear plenty more where it came from on the aforementioned 2011 EP, still available for free streaming and digital purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.