Based on the dark lyrical undercurrents running through Kyle Lucas’ previous features, Booth readers could be forgiven for thinking the Marietta, Georgia rhymesayer had a few screws that needed tightening, if you catch my drift. It’s really no cause for alarm, though. On the latest single off his and Captain Midnite‘s 2011 The Sky Is Falling and I’m Fine EP, Lucas reassures anyone with lingering doubts regarding his mental stability, insisting, “I’m Only a Little Crazy, Baby.” Backed by his partner’s catchy sampling of Gloria Gaynor’s I’m Still Yours, he supports his claims of sanity by depicting himself burning sh*t and mixing pills with liquor in response to a breakup. And by rocking a straitjacket in Janssen Solberg and Arthur Wei‘s newly-released official visuals. On second thought, maybe we should be a little worried. Regardless, those feeling this video single can hear plenty more where it came from on the aforementioned 2011 EP, still available for free streaming and digital purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)