In addition to having an excellent last name (a totally unbiased opinion), Kyle Lucas also has a knack for making insanely vibrant, catchy tunes. His latest, Housewife, is no exception. This record has a vintage feel thanks to Booth regular G-Eazy‘s production, which features energetic clapping over a barbershop quartet-esque effect. Atop the ebullient boardwork, Lucas delivers an equally energetic mic performance. The emcee likens himself to Mad Men protagonist Don Draper, claiming that, while it’s time for him to settle down, he will also need a girl on the side (and a few more here and there). This is the third single off of Lucas’ forthcoming mixtape, It’s Always Sunny In Marietta 2, which will be available on April 10.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.