In addition to having an excellent last name (a totally unbiased opinion), Kyle Lucas also has a knack for making insanely vibrant, catchy tunes. His latest, Housewife, is no exception. This record has a vintage feel thanks to Booth regular G-Eazy‘s production, which features energetic clapping over a barbershop quartet-esque effect. Atop the ebullient boardwork, Lucas delivers an equally energetic mic performance. The emcee likens himself to Mad Men protagonist Don Draper, claiming that, while it’s time for him to settle down, he will also need a girl on the side (and a few more here and there). This is the third single off of Lucas’ forthcoming mixtape, It’s Always Sunny In Marietta 2, which will be available on April 10.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
Purple Ribbon Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The New Light" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.